Sunday, March 4, 2018

cat and a cradle



 the extra 10¢ above the .85¢ domestic rate from these whimsical cats goes to support the Canada Post Community Foundation which supports community projects for children.
although none of these children slept in an 18th century cradle like this one, maybe their great, great, grandparents did.
the cats were issued in 2017 
and the cradle is from 1983 as part of the historical artifacts series


sharing with Sunday Stamps for the letter C - cats, cradle, community, children

7 comments:

  1. ...and here I thought that our postal rates were high!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ours are pretty insanely high

      Delete
    2. The domestic rate in Spain is 0,55€ (.87¢). If you consider the size of the country... ours is pretty insanely high!

      Delete
  2. I can see where your mind was going with cat and cradle. I remember when cat's cradle was quite a craze at school, I'm going back a long number of years here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I remember also (vaguely). had that ear worm for a few hours after I wrote that title....

      Delete
  3. I love the cheerful cats. The cradle is a great find for "C"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool that they are able to raise money through the cute stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!