Saturday, July 23, 2016

a nice garden in a nice town

As I walked around Chesley, I peered over the bridge on the opposite side to the little park I showed last week and found a lovely garden that just begged to be explored.

I wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but the sign invited to enjoy...








I now know that this is 

The former grist mill and farm co-op has been converted to an events hall with apartments on the upper level
looking back towards the bridge
there is a mill pond, with swans
flowers
and a babbling brook
walkways
and fountains
as well as bits of whimsy











all of which I may not have chanced upon had I found a restaurant as was my original plan!

part two of my walk around Chesley - the "nicest town around" for Monday Walks with RestlessJo

15 comments:

  1. ...the nicest town around just keeps getting nicer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This spot certainly makes an effort. It would be very nice to have a wedding here.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was! It would have been the perfect spot to drink an iced cappuccino - had I found one.

      Delete
  3. Some of your photos look like paintings!!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos of this appealing garden. Your creative photos certainly make this place look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one thing missing in this garden was shade!

      Delete
  5. What a very remarkably nice town this is! I wonder if they need some new residents? :) Many thanks for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they would love to have some new blood in town!

      Delete
  6. What an astoundingly pleasant town this is!..Beautiful photographs of this engaging greenery enclosure. Your imaginative photographs absolutely make this spot look great.
    http://www.ranthamborejeepsafari.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's lovely - the mill pond is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is very calming. and I always love to see swans.

      Delete
  8. Hello Violet
    I am delighted with your photos and blog
    Greetings from Poland.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!