a postcard of the Public Library on Main Street by the Photogelatine Engraving Company of Ottawa
and as it looks today (well, last summer)
It was built between 1909 and 1913 as a Carnegie Library. During a period of (ill-fated) tearing down and modernizing of the downtown, the library moved to the new Jackson Square Mall in 1987. At least this building was saved and completely refurbished to be used as the Unified Family Court House. The building with the clock is the new city hall that was built in 1960 (also on the spot of several torn down buildings).