Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April really is the cruelest month

The days when the weather was warm and sunny, it was far too windy to really enjoy the warmth and sun. 
On Monday, it got as high as 23ºC. 
Last night the temperature dipped to -8ºC.
Yesterday it snowed. Not much, but enough. 
That was after a day and night of rain. And cloudiness. Which meant there was no lunar eclipse viewing for us. I'd been looking forward to that as it was happening right at the time I'd be outside delivering my newspapers. Then this morning, as I was driving home, I caught a glimpse of this low riding, morning moon by the sunlit bathed condo building. 





(well, one of them is a blood-orange colour)
I just thought I'd share it with you.

8 comments:

  1. I love moon shosts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great light and composition in your photo. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been too cold to go out and photograph the moon. I'm glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is a very beautiful photo! At first I thought it's a postcard. The lighting is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed the lunar eclipse!! Can't believe it, since my hubby is an astronomy nut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool photo!

    Googled for a temperature converter to see - jeez, 17 degree low. Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shot - and how funny that T S Eliot has been on both our minds recently! (http://occasionalscotland.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/sweet-thames-run-softly_8.html)

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!