Wednesday, May 21, 2008

indecision

Till past one, Lord’s day, in the morning writing letters to the fleete and elsewhere, and my mind eased of much business, home to bed and slept till 8. So up, and this day is brought home one of my new silk suits, the plain one, but very rich camelott and noble. I tried it and it pleases me, but did not wear it, being I would not go out today to church. So laid it by, and my mind changed, thinking to go see my Lady Sandwich, and I did go a little way, but stopped and returned home to dinner, after dinner up to my chamber to settle my Tangier accounts, and then to my office, there to do the like with other papers. In the evening home to supper and to bed.
Samuel Pepys (1633-1703)
was the naval administrator and first secretary of the British Admiralty under King James II who is most famous for his diary which he kept from 1660-1669

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!