Wednesday, December 31, 2008

5 questions before the year ends

I hope you don't mind if we conduct this interview in my pajamas.
I certainly won't mind if you read this in your pajamas. In fact I would be honoured. I'd know that you are probably relaxed and feeling cozy.

I have sufficiently recovered from whatever nasty bug invaded my body over the last week. It wasn't pleasant, and I will not gross you out with details. Besides, I'd just as soon not think about it anymore. It might come back, and I am willing it far, far away.

Now, XUP has agreed to 'interview me'.

It’s a fun, co-operative interview exercise where fellow bloggers can email you asking to join in and then you have to email them back with 5 interview questions - things you’d like to know specifically about them. Then they answer the questions on their blog and invite other bloggers to join in which means they have to come up with 5 questions for those bloggers.

Her blog is so entertaining and informative, and you never know what is going on in her head from one day to the next. So I was really curious as to what she would ask.
Here's what XUP wants to know:

1. Have you ever been so insanely "in love" that you thought you would die without the other person?

It is worse when that relationship ends and you start thinking life is not worth living anymore. And years later you realize you didn't really 'like' that person as much as you 'loved' them. While together, I don't think I thought about it that way. Maybe I'm not insane enough? Doesn't mean I wasn't foolish, though.

2. If you could change one thing about your physical self, magically and without surgery, what would it be?

I would have soft, supple, slightly oily, flawless, darker hued skin. No more of this dry, flaky, itchy, redness that I suffer with now. I'd still buy luxurious hand creme, though.

3. All the celebrities have suddenly become homeless through some natural disaster affecting only celebrities. They need to be billeted for a week in the homes of regular folk until their mansions can be rebuilt. Who would you sign up to billet?

Ellen DeGeneres. She seems to have this capacity to make herself right at home wherever she is. And can easily amuse herself, so would never be needing me to entertain her. She would make me laugh and we'd act all silly and drink mojitos. She would likely also come bearing gifts.

4. You are self-employed and seem to enjoy the freedom and even the challenges. If you were offered an office job that would be routine, not too interesting but with good people and full-time and secure job would you take it?

I do miss the commaraderie with sharing an office space with people you meet daily, and benefits would be nice to have...but no. I like that my days are so unstructured, it allows me to continue with my favourite pasttime of procrastination. I would have to become very disciplined and buy office clothes and smile at people and develop a telephone voice. It would be too drastic a change.

5. Are you looking forward to your next birthday? Why or why not?

I'm not bothered, either way. My family doesn't really 'do' birthdays except as an excuse to get together for dinner but we all live so far apart and having a winter birthday, even that doesn't happen very often. We make a fuss over the milestones, and I was actually excited about turning 50 last year, so 51 is a bit nothing. I'm looking forward to Freedom 55, though. (do I need an office job to quit to enjoy it like in the commercials?)


So, if you'd like to play along, here are the rules:

Send me an email saying: ”Interview Me” (see my profile page for address)
I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
You can then answer the questions on your blog.
You should also post these rules along with an offer to interview anyone else who emails you wanting to be interviewed.

12 comments:

  1. Pick me!! Pick me!!!
    (waving hand in the air)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for popping by my blog! Had to come right back to take a peek at yours. I absolutely LOVE your header!

    Like the idea of interview questions and the fact that you get to pick them, so everyone gets to answer different questions.

    Happy New Year! We've got about 10 minutes of the old one to go here... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your interview answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice interview! I would have sworn a celebrity (with brains) was answering those questions. Love the idea, but too scared of revealing my inner Susan to my hordes (hahahahaha....not) of readers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice interview, I enjoyed reading the answers. Glad to hear you're over whatever bug entered your body. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in my jammies and I enjoyed your interview! And I hope your cold has all gone away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing. I'd love to discuss your answer to #1 with you more, some other time..maybe over mojitos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you all enjoyed.

    Y'know, I've never had a mojito - am not even sure what it is. I kep meaning to look it up whenever Ellen mentions it, which she does alot.

    Susan, it's not that scary

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was fun and I even read it in my pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also read in my pyjamas... Well, I already asked XUP to interview me, so I'll stop there... Just dropping by to get back into the blogging world (I've been buried under holiday related stuff and other miscellaneous busy-things for a while...) and it's nice to be reading all you folks again...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I'm glad so many are reading in their pj's!!

    so good to see you back, Noha. I was wondering if we'd lost you....

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!