Sunday, July 11, 2010

SundayStills - shadows

With all the bright sunshine we've had this past week, there was lots of opportunity to get some interesting shadows.
Had I bothered to venture outside.
Now that it is a bit cooler, I could have gone out today (Saturday)..... but I was watching the World Cup. Then I watched the Tour de France.
Then the sun began to set a little lower in the sky.
I don't have trees to create shade, but I do love the way the blinds make lines on the wall when the sun is at a certain level.


On the balcony, I have an old plant stand that creates an interesting pattern


and these tendrils from a passion flower are quickly creeping up the wall and attaching themselves to anything they can grab hold of


so I try to guide them towards the trellis and wait for the blooms



here is one now!


see other shadowy figures at SundayStills

now.......

Go, Netherlands, go!
Hup, Holland, hup!

20 comments:

  1. The Tour de France has been fascinating - so many thrills and spills.
    You found some lovely shadows and the passion flower is gorgeous. We grew one once but it failed to flower - ever - and then it died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shadow pics!! And that flower is awesome!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved the shadows of venetian blinds on a wall. That is a fabulous picture.

    And yes, Hup, Holland, hup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shadows are really nice. I especially like that grill with the fancy stuff!

    I've got on my orange shirt and will be heading out to the sports bar to support the Netherlands today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photos, I love patterns!
    The match is on as we speak. I am sad Germany only got to no. 3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely photos, I love patterns!
    The match is on as we speak. I am sad Germany only got to no. 3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from somewhere else. I've enjoyed your photos. It's cool here but we are also watching the Tour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shadow photos - you don't necessarily have to venture out to get good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the plant photos...especially the passion flower. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love long shadows. very nice shots

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love shadows, especially strong distinct shapes and patterns. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are fascinating shadows - I particularly liked the blinds and the shadows on your balcony. You have a really good eye for photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. shadow,shadow baby,
    love your shadow shots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the blind shadows...I've always liked that, too.

    I've never seen a white passion flower! My MIL's is purple. I like.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the photos! The plant stand is really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have an eye for catching unique shadows! And I like your exotic plant in the past photo :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Passion flowers are beautiful (wonder why they got that name>)
    Sadly to say, our cheers for Holland did not help enough!...may I cry on your shoulder? Sigh - at least they got in the finals!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely captures of shadow play.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The old plant stand and its shadow reminds me of Marocco or any other northern african place. Lovely shot!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!