Friday, April 5, 2013

welcome spring

This is actually a Year of the Snake card from Taiwan, but postcrosser Yen says that the second symbol 春 means 'spring' and a new year start, and together it reads 'welcome spring'. The lunar new year is also known as the spring festival. 

this second card comes from Harbin, China where "Spring is arriving" says Dandan.

I like the acrobatic little bird on this blossom branch
Spring is making a valiant effort here as well, though while staying at Lake Huron, my brief holiday started with getting a sunburn on Saturday and moved on to scraping snow off the car on Tuesday with biting winds in between. By the time I had to go home, it was sunny and warm and I didn't want to leave...

15 comments:

  1. It's going to be a typical Ontario spring..more like sprinter moving straight into sprummer. Glad to see you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy days! Watch that sunburn - you have a whole summer to go! Delicious cards. I love the looseness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS two winters to go and I might be in Canada for a spring too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a bit of a tan to show for that sunburn.

    The cards are nice but I find the first one the prettiest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pastel colors on the first card.

    Enjoy the start of spring! For us it's raging hot summer. I'm burning.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps it's because I desperately need some sign of Spring (8" of snow a week ago!) but I absolutely love those two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cards are just beautiful. Hope spring arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been looking forward to spring for weeks but all we've had has been that biting wind, and an occasional flurry of snow. Your lovely cards have cheered me up though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful images!!! My husband collects a lot of Oriental so this was a special treat for me to view.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like these cards very much!

    Spring has a way of being terribly fickle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are both very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ^ That was me, signed into the wrong account.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are absolutely lovely. They fill my eyes. Thank you so much for posting, and for explaining their meaning.

    Have a lovely day, sweet lady! Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!