Friday, January 21, 2011

the weather

It has been bitterly cold out these last couple of days. Not mid-west type of freezing cold, but still, uncomfortably cold. With windchill. And snow.

I was watching the weather channel this morning when I got home from work to see how the rest of the day would unfold (or at least, I had it on while I got caught up on some blogs) and the guy who was standing outside the studio and almost lost his scarf was going on about the high winds and cold temps and the traffic snarls and the more snow to come and how it was also messy as hell out there, so be careful. About 20 minutes later, he came back on, as they do, to repeat the same video and message, except this time it was "icy as hell out there". Finally, I guess he decided to tone down his language, because 20 minutes later he came back on, with the same scarf and same winds and same videos, but by now it was "icy as well out there".

Now, I think it is time for my nap.

17 comments:

  1. Hell is icy? Who knew?

    Love the header pic, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazz: they know everything on WTN.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weather sucks. Thanks for asking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dante's Inferno was actually very cold and icy. You can look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bone-chilling here. It was 26° when I woke up. That's not your typical Texas winter weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan: as is my hearing.

    Nora: I'll take your word for it

    Geewits: how much fun is that, that you get to experience real winter?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha. For most of us, our language gets worse with the weather . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely time for a nap...or a snuggle under a cozy wrap, good book and a cup of hot cocoa!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE January...but not because of the weather. It's the perfect month for curling up in a comfy chair and to read many, many books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha! You know, in Dante's Inferno, the deepest level of hell was frozen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruth, SueAnn, EG, SAW: Yes, I have heard all of those things.
    I was also sure I had heard 'hell' in place of 'as well'. Not all things are believable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our weather reports are often very contradictory, simply because up here in the far north east of England, they don't really know what it's going to do. We usually get, "it's going to be sunny, with a bit of cloud, perhaps some drizzle, maybe a bit of frost in the morning, and could very well be quite cold."

    Hmmmm.
    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is too funny. It is nice here today but windy, stay warm my friend. soon it will be spring, in a few months or so....have a pleasant nap.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Icy as hell" is pretty tame. Or at least compared to how I describe the weather-Fucking freezing!
    I guess there's a reason I never became a weather girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. He needs some hellish lessons, doesn't he! In these parts we are about to have some very hot weather, so I will watch our weather comments with interest and anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a video of the violet sky here in the Philippines.. it was a lil spooky and amazing ..
    - Cookie Cluver

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!