Sunday, September 14, 2014

road trip

These Road Trip Australia stamps were issued in 2012.         I would love to get the whole series, but as I've gotten few postcards from Australia, my hopes are fading.    The stamps were designed by Gavin Ryan and "take a lighthearted approach to travelling through remarkable landmark attractions: Port Arthur, the Great Barrier Reef, Margaret River, Alice Springs, and Phillip Island. "    
I also still harbour a desire to own one of these VW buses from the 1960's. Perhaps not so much with all the flower power decals on it, though.

9 comments:

  1. It would be great to have one of the new models with all the bells and whistles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that all the old VWs are owned by surfers these days. A very colourful stamp/VW

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a couple of buses I've seen in town painted just like that. Very trippy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have received one of these stamps. A great series, for sure. thank you for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that cheery series, made me want to take a trip (but not the 24 hours flight to get there in the first place).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to help you with these VS but I don't even remember seeing them here in Perth. You should check out some of the Eastern States blogs and see if anyone can help you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flowers on the vehicle... Nice stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!