Tuesday, November 7, 2017

noseying around

One of the participation activities at the Mum Show this year was to find the hidden red clown noses. Since the theme of the show was the circus, this made sense. And I was all up for the search. Then I thought, I'm crap at this. So I stopped for a coffee to keep up my stamina – and overheard a few others comparing notes and saying they could only find 8, or 9...  and I felt better. It took three trips around the greenhouse, looking high and low, specifically for red noses.

Some of them were definitely a challenge!

There were lots of old posters, carousel horses, other pieces of amusement rides, and games of chance where these noses could be 'hidden'. Some in plain view, some very well hidden
In the end, I got home and realized I was still missing two.

Sharing with Tuesday's Treasures

3 comments:

  1. ...a winner by more than a nose! Your area has had a long horticultural history, it's nice to see that it's continuing. Thanks for stopping by, I hope that you can do it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is a long history - sadly it is now mostly history. I'm so glad this greenhouse is still around - and it is expanding!

      Delete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!