Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday AMuse

Absynthe has still been receiving postcards from the Postcrossing site. And we really must get some of them uploaded onto her postcard wall.

Many, many beautiful cards have arrived, but some of our favourites are those from a Finnish artist Kaj Stenvall. Because we all know how much Violet loves ducks.

His duck, while looking remarkably like another famous duck, seems to be at the same time distinctly a Stenvall duck. Stenvall ducks are shown in a variety of scenes (some of which may also seem remarkably familiar) and are endlessly amusing.
Here is but a small sampling to pique your interest.
(The Night of the Arts)

(The Superior Power of the Red Hat)

(Private parts)

(A Toast)

(Humble Servant)
Interestingly, of the dozen or so postcards received so far, there is not one duplicate!

15 comments:

  1. these are so cute - i love the private parts one

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really wonderful, truly awesome. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! My favorite is "A Toast."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant! I too like "Private Parts". It shows more emotion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing!! Love the artwork! So elegant
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are interesting. The whole cartoon bird with breasts thing is a bit unsettling, but in general I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are marvelous! I especially like the red hat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How funny and creative! -especially the power of the red hat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have also received some beautiful post cards from that site, thanks again for pointing me in the direction. There seems to be a monopoly of cards from Finland, I haven't seen any of the Ducks tho' yet....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the little peeping duck!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  12. what fun :) love them :) good to cross paths again, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Kaj Stenvall cards too - but I haven't Postcrossed since I moved to the UK. I must get back into it. I found it was good to request Stenvall cards, as well as Kirosliva Sili cards, as otherwise you get mountains of Finnish cards that are, on the whole, a little dull.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No court case? He does look like that other duck.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hilarious! Sort of a glamorized "Day in the Life of Duck"

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!