Wednesday, August 6, 2008

spiralling into a calm

So, I have this friend....

With a heart of gold. Who would offer to do anything for you. Expect nothing in return, except your happiness. Who is always blindsided when his generosity is not appreciated because sometimes what he wants you to have is not always what you want.

I fly out on Thursday with a 75 minute layover at JFK and arrive for my cousin to pick me up at 6:55 am. She will be so excited to see me she won't mind getting up at dawn...

I have no idea what this has cost my friend. He refuses to say. He is just happy that he thinks I am now happy. And that he was able to make it all better.

It's a complicated relationship.
I am biting my tongue. I am too exhausted to do anything else.
Thanks for putting up with my venting.

12 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Well at least now it's all done and you'll have a fab trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am starting to get excited again.
    Now, about that passport...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip. Bake your pushy friend some cookies when you get back. Controlling men love it when women bake for them. Don't know why that is. You do have your passport?

    ReplyDelete
  4. miwise: were you thinking something like your chocolate chocolate chip cookies but with the delightfully nasty taste of carob chips? cuz, that's what I'm thinking.

    no passport yet. they said the 13th and in my new spirit of calm I will not get anxiety ridden again until ... Monday.

    why am I still awake? have not slept in three days. well, not much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a friend! He is a rare pearl. Enjoy his gesture. Just tell him how happy you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, lone grey squirrel is probably right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LGS & miwise: yes, he is rare.
    I am grateful for his gesture. I never wanted, or expected, any outlay of money on his part. That is also partly why it has been so upsetting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. enjoy your trip :) It'll go well, no matter how crazy everything started...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I can't help giggling. I know this type of situation well. You just want to hit the rewind button and start playing the track you originally wanted to play in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Robyn: Thanks for stopping by. Giggle away - I'm not quite there yet. I agree, we all need more rewind buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Under There: Thanks. I'll miss all of you, too - this has become quite the addiction!!

    ReplyDelete

Glad you stopped by. For anyone who stumbled here, don't be shy to say 'hi' and let me know you've visited!